Re: MACRO's

boat.anchor@...

Jon

In my opinion this is wasted bandwidth that could be spent on meaningful info exchanges.
IMD should always be measured at the transmitter and I highly recommend acquiring a PSK meter.
Yes I use one.

If I am in a nasty mood and someone sends me IMD rpt I will thank him for the rpt and ask him to please explain what the number means, how he measured it, is it good or bad, and what can I do to improve it.
Normal reply is 73.

I applaud those that wrote the software that we all enjoy on a daily basis but have failed to see why they included this in the package.

rant over
Barry

---In 070@..., <wx5nco@...> wrote :

Part 2 of MACRO questions.

In the RSQ report, do any of you care about the IMD or S/N report?  I've worked some that gave it, but is it useful?
Jon

73
Jon Greene WX5NCO
Tulsa, Oklahoma EM26