Re: PODXS Net???

David Westphalen <n4dlt@...>

Its very easy. I use it daily for my nets I run.

De N4DLT

From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 12:26 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] PODXS Net???

Dan,

I downloaded NetLogger and took a look at it.  I haven't used that software in several years (way back when I was participating in the OMISS nets) and it is a LOT different than I remember.  I remembered it being more DOS-like in the past.  The new revisions are impressive.

I have no idea on how to set it up for a particular net and operating it at a net controller.  Do you have any familiarity with that?

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/21/2017 02:58 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] wrote:

Well, no body really needs Net Logger except for the Net Control Stations.  I believe the initial setup is what might take quite a while as someone would have to try and get most of the regulars in somewhat of a database, so when that person checks in, all his information will pop up on the Logger.  Now, those that download the Logger and use it, you will see everyone that has checked in and it is color coded as to whether they have checked out or who is up for making calls.  that way you know exactly where you stand and when your turn will be.   It really is a very neat little program.

I use it when I check in to the OMISS nets and sometimes there are up to 50 - 70 checkins on any one net!!!   Needless to say those nets can run for several hours!!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 21, 2017, at 10:18 AM, David Hardy davehardy0101@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

This sounds like a great idea.  I'm in.  Do I need NetLogger?

David Hardy

KB3RAN