Re: PODXS Net???

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Bill - It can run just like the OMISS net runs.  People check it and then when it is your turn you call anyone you want but you are limited to either 1 or 2 calls the first time around to keep it short and sweet.  And using Net Logger is an excellent tool.

I have also checked in to a 40m net which meets every 2nd Monday of the month.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

On Jul 20, 2017, at 7:40 PM, Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I have seen other nets on PSK31.  Might be something to do on some kind of rotating schedule on 20 and 40 meters.  My first question would be what is the purpose of this net?  If it is to allow a person to work as many different 070 members as possible, then only short contest like contacts should be encouraged.  Want to ragchew?  Then make a call and move to a different frequency from the net freq.   Would you encourage guests to participate, such as folks trying to join the club?  Needs to be thought out a bit but could work.  Maybe move to 30 meters once a month for those working on the 30-30 award etc.  I don’t think this would violate the gentlemen’s agreement for no contests on WARC bands.   Does not need to be in the middle of the regular PSK31 operations.  Maybe 14.072 and up or similar.

Happy Radio!

Bill N4GBK #1688

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

#1604 LONP #255