Re: Explain Something for Me

ljl2002@att.net

This is the reason that I never sign as /QRP because I heard that it screws up some logging programs.  Besides the other Ham is usually surprised to see the power levels when they get the card..
I found it a good practice to watch what I am sending out to catch anything that may not be right so that I can correct it on the next. (I'm not the greatest typist on the planet.)
Should have taken typing in HS when I had the chance.  The teacher was great and the class was all  girls.  What an idiot!

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Monday, July 17, 2017 11:30 AM, "mwbesemer@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Just my humble opinion, but I find that it makes it HARDER to distinguish the call when it's bracketed like that.

No telling what it does for guys using screen readers.

Mike
WM4B

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 11:22 AM, 'K9HW' k9hw@... [070] wrote:

Most do it I think to make their callsign stand out from the other text.  That's why I do it anyway, but I do leave a space between the brackets and the callsign.  All of the software have tried will then recognize that.  HRD doesn't have a problem parsing non-alphabetic or numeric characters, so I don't have a problem with those who don't leave spaces.  Possibly theirs can parse it as well and it hasn't occurred to them that some out there cannot.

Harry, K9HW – #1959