Re: ???

Chris J LaRue NO7E

When you first install HRD it walks you through setting it up.  The first time you open DM780, the tab that opens is call "Do this first", obviously he just closed that and started going without regard to proper settings.  With someone like that they usually know it all anyway, so make a light suggestion and move on because they will most likely ignore you anyway unfortunately.

73 de Chris NO7E
no7e@...

On 7/16/17 12:30 PM, Mike Watson mikew@... [070] wrote:

HRD has an entry page to fill those fields. Fields such as call, QTH, name, grid, etc. Apparently, he's never filled in that data which leads me to believe he's a new HRD user.

Mike - W0TMW

  -- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 07/16/2017 01:44 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:
Tried to help out a station I was working today.  He was using HRD   and was sending "  Name:   qth    "  .  Told him he had problems, but he made no move to correct them by sending his name and QTH manually.  About 1/2 hour later  I see him working a W5 station with same corrupted macro.   Guess I wasted my time.

Don't use HRD, but am wondering if I could have been more helpful  or if I should have ignoredhim and moved on ?

Comments ???

Jerry  N9AVY