Re: ???

Ray Clements

I can understand a new user not knowing how to fill in the required profile information. What I cannot understand is how someone could continue to make contacts without realizing that the macros are sending incorrect information and then trying to correct the problem.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Mike Watson mikew@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] ???

HRD has an entry page to fill those fields. Fields such as call, QTH, name, grid, etc. Apparently, he's never filled in that data which leads me to believe he's a new HRD user.

Mike - W0TMW

  -- William Kershner
http://crucis-court.com
http://www.crucis.net/1632search
On 07/16/2017 01:44 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:
Tried to help out a station I was working today.  He was using HRD   and was sending "  Name:   qth    "  .  Told him he had problems, but he made no move to correct them by sending his name and QTH manually.  About 1/2 hour later  I see him working a W5 station with same corrupted macro.   Guess I wasted my time.

Don't use HRD, but am wondering if I could have been more helpful  or if I should have ignoredhim and moved on ?

Comments ???

Jerry  N9AVY