Re: Question ?

Jerry N9AVY

Sometimes the name is important if working DX in case the call was busted due to QRN/QRM and temporary dyslexia. Having the name can sometimes be used to verify the correct call.  It fies that the guy on the other end isn't taking a nap.

Jerry  n9avy

From: "David Rock david@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2017 2:05 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Question ?

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 13:34, Radio radio@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>
> To me this all seems to be a bit of a tempest in a teacup. Other OPs can call me whatever they wish (except late for dinner:) as long as they get my call right.

I think the point is “do you have a valid QSO if the info isn’t exchanged properly?”
When you send “Bob” and they reply with “Robert”, you are not guaranteed they are actually getting the information from you over the air. While the computer/internet based info a nice bonus, this is supposed to be about communication over the air. If all you got was Macro replies, did you actually have a QSO?

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@...