From: "w3hf@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Question ?

Jerry -

I don't blame the web sites like QRZ. I like being able to pull up a QRZ listing during a QSO, either to figure out exactly where someone is, or identify the grid square, or just read a bio.

I put some of the blame on the software, specifically the default macros which seem to be chosen to highlight all the capabilities of the software (and not necessarily be good operating practice).

But the real blame is the operators who blindly accept the default macros, and don't think about whether they make sense. Maybe they don't know how to change the macros? Or don't realize how obnoxious they are? Or don't care? Regardless, it's the operators that actually key the transmitters that send these ridiculous drivel who are ultimately to blame.