Re: Question ?

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Well, their program is probably bringing up the QRZ names and using the whole name and they don’t change it in the ‘name’ data field.  They just use what goes in the macro.  I’ve had a lot of stations do that with me also, even after I give them my name as “DAN” and they come back with either Daniel or Daniel G. Morris — Go figure!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Jul 13, 2017, at 9:49 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Lately I've been working a lot of station  who when answering a call, send both my first and last names ?   What's up with this ???   It seems to not be in the Amateur Radio tradition of just sending one's first name.  Seems to me kind of like junk mail and very impersonal.

Just curious...