Re: Question ?

Marty Grove

HRD's DM-780 has a macro that sends both the first and last name of an OP after the call sign was looked up in QRZ when sending a reply.  Its been a while, but I think I remember that is the default way DM-780 is configured.

I'm betting this is a reply via such a macro.

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/13/2017 09:49 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] wrote:

Lately I've been working a lot of station  who when answering a call, send both my first and last names ?   What's up with this ???   It seems to not be in the Amateur Radio tradition of just sending one's first name.  Seems to me kind of like junk mail and very impersonal.

Just curious...