Re: Station Setup Improvements for Digital Modes

John Etling

I run JT65 and PSK31 and do NOT use any Sound Card device (ie. SignaLink, RigBlaster etc.). KX3 connected via USB cable direct to the laptop I use for portable operations. Might try to set up without using any of those devices. I also use only DXLabs as my rig control as well as logging etc. so my setup would be very similar to what you have.

Make sure you download the latest drivers and software updates from Elecraft for your radio, if there are any.

It appears everyone is under the impression that a SignaLink etc. is required to operate the newest of radios. I have found out very, very few of them actually require a SignaLink or comparable device in between the radio and the computer.

I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John