Re: Commemorative Special Events

ljl2002@att.net

Nope.  Can't use NAA.

That's the call sign of the U.S. Navy VLF site in Cutler Maine.
It was constructed in 1960 and went OTA in 1961.
If you're into looking at super antenna farms or really big tuning parts check out:

There is a ton of pics and great info.

I have a QSL card from them when I was a SWL dated July 4, 1969 on 7455khz CW. ( For you younger Hams that's when they had a ton of coastal CW stations around the globe that you could practice your CW on in prep for your license upgrade.)  Those were the days. Now no costal stations and no code tests.

"The times they are a changing."  (Sorry Bob)

Joe
KA1PPV #1482

On Sunday, July 9, 2017 5:51 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Buddy:

You have it correct.   Many of those stations who claimed to work you probably didn't listen carefully as you probably were working another station and they just assumed the "599" was for them.  That happens a lot more in contest style operations.  Just reject/ignore them.

Would think you would be okay IDing as  "K2J/WB4M"  as that would indicate to me that control operator was WB4M.  Don't know how that would work for QSLing, but if 13c rules say not to, then they will prevail. But I think on the air FCC Part 97.119 will have to be followed.

 Hope you had fun !

73,

Jerry  N9AVY