Re: More on QSL Cards

Jon Greene - wx5nco <wx5nco@...>

I've got a "newbie" question on QSL cards.  I've never had qsl cards made.  When I was active on HF, a few years ago, I thought about having some made, but never did.  I even thought about printing my own.  
Now, my question is, why was the qsl card made 3½x5½ and not 3x5 or 4x6 so we could use a standard unlined index card?
Just my random thoughts of the day. hihi
Jon

Jon Greene WX5NCO
Tulsa, Oklahoma EM26
070 - 592
30DMC - 1233
DMC - 741
EPC - 5134
1010 - 74420

On Saturday, July 8, 2017, 12:12:41 AM CDT, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Used to do my own cards for  N9AVY/140 (Maxim Birthday Special )  and K9ATI using WB8RCR software  which .
is available if one searches for "WB8RCR QSL Card Maker".

Jerry N9AVY

To: 070@...
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [070] More on QSL Cards

I refurbish and restore old qsl designs using Gimp and photoshop for hams who have old ones in their collections they want to restore and reproduce..like antique cards their dads and grandads (even great and great great grandpas) had. I lay out 4 on an 8/5 x 11 sheet and create a word document that they can print on their own printers using glossy card stock. if any of you are interested let me know..
check out my page http://qsl.net/k9wis/
Brian K9WIS

---- "Paula Johnson hamette@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
> Joe, I did the same using a picture I took. It is uniquely my area - view of Mt Baker across the Strait of Juan de Fuca. Breathtaking! Check it out on QRZ.
>
> Paula K7PAX
>
> On Jul 7, 2017, at 11:07 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:
>
> Bill,
> I decided to put one of my photographs on my card. I wanted something that said NEW ENGLAND so I think that fall foliage does well in that regard.
> Someday if I move to AZ I'll replace it with a cactus. hi hi.
>
> Joe
> KA1PPV #1482
>
>
> On Friday, July 7, 2017 10:39 AM, "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> The QSL Card thread had changed so here are some additional comments.
>
> I respond to QSL card requests as a courtesy to other ham operators. (Except for that guy in Cuba who has sent me 10+ cards direct and that guy in France who has sent me 15+ cards via the bureau, I respond to each and every request. I've sent both of them multiple cards but not duplicates for the same PSK31 QSOs.)
>
> I want my cards to be attractive. I design the front to help promote things that I am passionate about. My latest cards have something about NC aviation history and US Coast Guard aviation. I get them from the same place that Jerry gets his. 1000 cards for under $100.00 delivered.
>
> All of my information is on the other side of the card. There is no reason to have to flip it over and over to see any of the QSO details. The back side of the card is a standard form from the card vendor.
>
> All bureau cards are sorted with the back side up showing everything needed to get them moving through the network.
>
> I really don't care whether my cards get permanently stashed in a shoe box or get more prominently displayed in someone's shack. I'm having fun with ham radio.
>
> Happy Radio and have a great weekend!
>
> Bill N4GBK #1688 FM16
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.