Re: More on QSL Cards

Bill Garwood

Oh, I use a regular point red sharpie to enter the other call sign on the card.  It stands out.  The rest of the info is done with a fine point black sharpie.  Found ink tends to smear and bleed on the card stock.  I had one returned that way.  Sharpies work well.

From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 10:55:22 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] More on QSL Cards

Bill !

That's the way to do it.

Liked your remarks about Cuban & French stations.  The French station is probably the one who sends pieces of paper rather than real cards ... I have enough to wallpaper a room

If you work a lot of JA  stations you'll find they will QSL every time they work you...  I have several 10m QSLs , all with same station. Better to have several than none.

When I get too many from a station I just ignore them  unless it's different band/mode.

When I ship via bureau  having a blank side on my card , I will write the call sign of station in large letters; so the card sorters don't go blind trying to read those small labels or my lousy handwriting.

Bill.... a good thread.  Hope some learn from this.

73,  Jerry   N9AVY  #454