Re: More on QSL Cards

Bill Garwood

Oh, I use a regular point red sharpie to enter the other call sign on the card.  It stands out.  The rest of the info is done with a fine point black sharpie.  Found ink tends to smear and bleed on the card stock.  I had one returned that way.  Sharpies work well.

From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 10:55:22 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] More on QSL Cards

Bill !

That's the way to do it.  

Liked your remarks about Cuban & French stations.  The French station is probably the one who sends pieces of paper rather than real cards ... I have enough to wallpaper a room  

If you work a lot of JA  stations you'll find they will QSL every time they work you...  I have several 10m QSLs , all with same station. Better to have several than none.

When I get too many from a station I just ignore them  unless it's different band/mode.

When I ship via bureau  having a blank side on my card , I will write the call sign of station in large letters; so the card sorters don't go blind trying to read those small labels or my lousy handwriting.

Bill.... a good thread.  Hope some learn from this.

73,  Jerry   N9AVY  #454

To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 9:39 AM
Subject: [070] More on QSL Cards [2 Attachments]

The QSL Card thread had changed so here are some additional comments.

I respond to QSL card requests as a courtesy to other ham operators.  (Except for that guy in Cuba who has sent me 10+ cards direct and that guy in France who has sent me 15+ cards via the bureau, I respond to each and every request.  I've sent both of them multiple cards but not duplicates for the same PSK31 QSOs.)

I want my cards to be attractive.  I design the front to help promote things that I am passionate about.  My latest cards have something about NC aviation history and US Coast Guard aviation.  I get them from the same place that Jerry gets his.  1000 cards for under $100.00 delivered.

All of my information is on the other side of the card.  There is no reason to have to flip it over and over to see any of the QSO details.  The back side of the card is a standard form from the card vendor.

All bureau cards are sorted with the back side up showing everything needed to get them moving through the network.

I really don't care whether my cards get permanently stashed in a shoe box or get more prominently displayed in someone's shack.  I'm having fun with ham radio.

Happy Radio and have a great weekend!

Bill N4GBK #1688 FM16

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.