Re: 13 Colonies

Marty Grove

I finally got 'em all last night.  I managed all the 13 colonies (K2 A thru M) over the past couple days then went after the bonus stations.  Got WM3PEN yesterday and later in the evening got GB13COL.  Worked them all SSB.  By far and away GB13COL was the toughest.  Very difficult to hear him; had to wait through the propagation dips to finally make the contact.  Also, he's working split (5 up) all the time, which 'should' make it easier to hear him during the pileups, but many people didn't realize he was split and replied on his xmit frequency.  Then there would be a half-dozen or so people who would jump on his xmit freq and constantly remind everyone that GB13COL was working split.  Between the people replying with their call signs and then the people who would replied about the station working split, any chance to actually hear if GB13COL was replying to 'my' call was almost always drowned out.

Last night I got just enough of a break to finally get through.  This is my first 13 Colonies event where I worked all thirteen colonies and the bonus stations.  Whew!

Marty - KJ4LQX

On 07/03/2017 10:58 PM, 'J.T.' kg5krz@... [070] wrote:

That's the last one i need also.
Very elusive creature , this K2H....

On Jul 3, 2017 8:28 PM, "k9wis@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

k2h is on 20 psk31...that was the last colony station I needed..I heard others working th gb13col station but no joy here..

Brian K9WIS