Re: Firecracker Sprint

ljl2002@att.net

Jon,

Turn it in for sure.
I have actually won the QRP division in two separate QSO Parties with only 1 contact each.
You just don't know how far you can move up the food chain when condx are less than optimal.

GL 73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Monday, July 3, 2017 9:30 AM, "Jonathan Wilson eaglescout.jonathan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

No worries, we have a week to upload the logs after all.

I seem to have been doing the math wrong in my head, thinking I only worked 6 hours....  My best score is based starting at 2200.

Again, many thanks!
Jonathan KC1BOS

On 7/2/2017 9:59 PM, w3hf@... [070] wrote:

Sorry, we had company for dinner so I didn't get a chance to look until now.

The issue is that you operated for more than six hours--you started at 2000z and ended at 0411z. That's over eight hours. You need to pick the best six-contiguous hours. You can either do the analysis yourself, or let the checker decide for you. Just upload multiple times selecting different start times: 2000z, 2200z, and 2300z. (Since you had no QSOs during the 2100z hour, that wouldn't be a good starting time.) Then do one final upload with the version that scores the best.

My guess (without doing the math) is that 2200z will be best. You only have one QSO during the 0400z hour, so that's not likely to be worth more than the QSOs you will lose for skipping the 2200z hour. And you only had five QSOs in the 2000z hour--starting at 2000z means you lose the 11 QSOs during the 0300z hour. The "catch" might be the multipliers, as I didn't look at that.