Re: 13 Colonies Again

k9wis@...

its a great event to fill the 4th of July holiday...thank you guys for running it...It reminds of a 4th of july event when I was a novice back in 71-72..I worked a special event station whose was call WJ4ULY..I still have the card in my qsl card album...
Brian K9WIS

---- "wa3gm wa3gm@aol.com [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
Thanks for the plug jerry....
I will be one of the major operators at the bonus station  WMEPEN all week.I will be working SSB, CW and PSK.
Give us a hollar....were ready to rumble...
73GregWa3gm

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: "Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net [070]" <070@yahoogroups.com> Date: 6/29/17 11:51 AM (GMT-05:00) To: 070 List Service 070 List Service <070@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [070] 13 Colonies Again

FYI
  13 COLONIES (Special Event). Once again the annual (the 9th) "13 Colonies
Special Event" will take place between 1300z, July 1st and 0400z July 7th.
The certificate is printed on heavy card stock. Stations working one state
or, as many as all 15, will be eligible for the certificate. A "Clean Sweep"
indicator will be affixed for those lucky enough to "Q" all 15. A special
endorsement will be attached for stations contacting their sister oper-
ation, WM3PEN, in Philadelphia, PA, where independence was declared. New
since 2015, the 13 Colonies have added a second sister event station.
GB13COL will operate from Durham, England. The 13 Colonies certificate
will have a Liberty Bell added for a contact with WM3PEN. They will also
offer a special QSL card printed just for this event. There should be at
least two stations from each on the 13 colonies on the air, as well as
Super contest stations, multi-operator Club stations and OM and XYL teams.
The U.S. original 13 colonies are CT-DE- GA-MA-MD-NC-NH-NJ-NY-PA-RI-SC-VA.
Special events stations mentioned are: K2A (NY), K2B (VA), K2C (RI),
K2D (CT), K2E (DE), K2F (MD), K2G (GA), K2H (MA), K2I (NJ), K2J (NC),
K2K (NH), K2L (SC), and K2M (PA). All HF bands will be in play, including
the WARC bands, with the exception of 60 meters. 2 meters and 6 meter
simplex are encouraged. All modes of operation should be represented -
SSB, CW, RTTY, Digital, and the Satellites. The mode of operation is up
to the individual colony state station. For more details on the stations,
suggested frequencies, QSL info and on how to obta
in the special
certificate, see:              http://www.13colonies.info