From: "Matthew King mrk.twg@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Shipping QSLs ?

Considering a Global Forever stamp is $1.15 and sends ONE ounce to most countries on a regular envelope (other than Canada, where it's two ounces), I'd think you spend more sending individual packets to individual countries, even IF the other country's bureau's would accept cards from an individual (which they may well not).

Granted, the ARRL did raise the outgoing Bureau rates, but it's still a very cheap way to send cards. With what we spend on our hobby on equipment and such, does it really make sense to quibble over such a small expenditure as Bureau fees?

Just my opinion...

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:49 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Was just thinking about the pile of QSLs I've been answering which are all stacked up on desk.  Guess I could send them via ARRL  which might run $20  or more since they raised fees. But am wondering if I might be better off (cheaper) sending cards to individual countries bureaus  (I have stacks of Italian & Germans QSLs sitting here) .

Has anyone tried sending direct to bureaus ???

TIA   Jerry  n9avy  #454