73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 12:20 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Joe:

The QRP guys were in there as well . Worked a couple who were running 5 watts and on FD  that's like crossing the ocean in a dinghy !

From: "'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2017 11:07 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: 40m

Yep I noticed.  Stayed on 40m almost the whole FD because the action kept coming.  I saw at least 30 stations on the band at once at times.
Got a personal record of 40 Q's during the time I operated and that was QRP by the way.  I can only imagine what the big guns were doing.
It was a 40m feeding frenzy.  I sure hope it looks like that for the Firecracker.

See ya.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sunday, June 25, 2017 9:59 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Steve:

You hit the nail on the head !!!   I believe 40 may be open a lot , but sits unused because everyone thinks it's dead.
40m was utilized  below 7070 down to at least 7069.  The upper end was utilized far above the usual band edge. There was also some activity on 80m during daylight hours.

"It's not a contest"  was blown out of the water when Dave Patton said, "If they give points, it's a contest !"

Jerry  N9AVY