Re: Interference

Steve W3HF

I think the issue is that he has mistaken the ARRL band plan as mandatory rules. The links I included earlier clearly state that the range he quotes (7.080-7.125) is identified by the ARRL as "RTTY/data". I think he's saying that 7070 is lower than 7080, so it is a violation. But the ARRL band plan is only voluntary, and hasn't been updated in quite a while. And it doesn't even really include 7070--it has a single frequency (7040) for RTTY DX and then there's a gap between that freq and 7080.

As others have pointed out, the FCC rules clearly allow data (non-specific as to actual mode) from 7025 to 7125. But he doesn't seem to realize the difference between FCC rules and ARRL recommendations.

On 03/10/17, Paul Butzi kg7stv@... [070]<070@...> wrote:

I suppose this isn’t a matter of reasoning, but mostly I’m just curious why this person hasn’t included psk31 in the ‘data’ part of RTTY/data.

It must be very frustrating to him to tune to 7070 and see eight different qso’s in progress, all of which to him are violations of the ‘rules’.  And it’s very hard for him to make them all stop because he can only interfere in one at a time!

Ah, well.  To my great relief, that is most definitely not my circus and not my monkeys.  But I do think that perhaps he’s forgetting to smile and have fun.

-p KG7STV
73, don’t forget to smile and have fun

On Mar 9, 2017, at 4:52 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Huh == that guy just came across to me and told me I was operating out of band and then gave the following:
7.080 - 7.125 RTTY/Data and repeated that several times and of course he did not identify himself but he had a fairly strong signal — I’m on 7071.5

Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065
dbmorris315@...