Re: K5SP

Jerry N9AVY

Pretty sure it was one of those stupid updates. Thanks Mike.

Jerry n9avy

From: "Mike Flowers mike.flowers@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Saturday, February 18, 2017 5:26 PM
Subject: Re: [070] K5SP

And sometimes applications use the sound card and leave it in various random states.

I have two sound cards - one for the digimodes and one for system sounds and other applications.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On Feb 18, 2017, at 3:22 PM, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Jerry, sometimes Windows updates reset the sound card settings . . .

Paula K7PAX

From: "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...>
Date: 2/17/17 10:32 (GMT-05:00)
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] K5SP

Jim :

It's not your radio !!   Seems to be at my end and saw same problem on 20m this morning.  Dan, KZ3T, reported same thing.  Looks to be something caused by propagation conditions or might be soundcard problems on my end; they looked a bit high so back off on sound card sliders a bit.

Don't worry , not your problem.     If it were  I would tell you to disassemble radio down to component level, put it all in a bag, twirl it around your head and squawk like a chicken  !    Hi !  Hi !

Jerry n9avy  #454