Re: Why not QSL?

Rick - N7WE

I've found that getting confirming QSLs when you are working on awards can be very frustrating.  This is my way of dealing with it.  YMMV.

It begins with the belief that life is divided into three parts:  Things you can control, things you can't control but can influence, and things you can neither control nor influence.  Happiness in life depends on knowing which is which.

While struggling to get DXCC (all PSK31) I used emails to solicit missing LoTW confirmations.  I was careful to only email those who indicated they used LoTW and approached it with the: "Here is my log info.  Do I have it right?"  Sometimes I got the QSL and sometimes I didn't.  That was trying to "influence" what I couldn't control.

The only thing I can control is me.  And sometimes I'm not to good at that!  Hi hi!  So I choose to upload everything in my log on a regular basis.  LoTW, eQSL, and QRZ.  I don't log incomplete QSOs.  And I try to remember even though I log it as a completed QSO on my end, the other guy may have a different experience.

My parents used to tell me "Anything worth having is worth waiting for."  I think that's right.  As to DXCC-Digital, the journey was much more enjoyable than actually having it.