De: 070@... <070@...> en nombre de 'John Etling - K3JAE' john@... [070] <070@...>
Enviado: lunes, 30 de enero de 2017 11:07 a.m.
Para: 070@...
Asunto: RE: [070] Why not QSL?

The issues that bother me the most is:

  1. If you make a SKED with someone in the LotW room, it is assumed that by them also being there that they are looking for an LotW confirmation from a state or DXCC. And if a SKED is agreed upon and completed, it seems the next thing a person should do it upload it to LotW (or where ever) knowing full well the reason a sked was made with that particular station. It just seems cold and mean-spirited not to complete the agreement, if you will. If that contact is made, it is pitiful that they would not upload that confirmation knowing that person is waiting for it.
  2. As previously noted, most software packages (like DXLabs, and the hated HRD to name a few) automatically upload the confirmation as soon as you hit log… the hardest thing is to set up your credentials initially in the software. Once done, it is self-containing... nothing more a person needs to do.
  3. I still feel people are worried LotW and eQSL charges to use their services. Neither charge a fee to upload QSL confirmations. Eqsl does charge a fee if you want to use a custom card… but so long as a person goes through the authentication procedures, one becomes authenticated and every confirmation from an authenticated user counts towards their awards, which, luckily most eQSL users are authenticated. I could care less that the card is a “cookie cutter” card from eQSL… All I am looking for is the confirmation.
  4. Every QSO I make is uploaded to LotW, eQSL, HRDLog, ClubLog and QRZ and all I do is literally hit LOG and all the confirmations are sent within a few seconds, save LotW which does require me to send them via TQSL… again 1 simple extra step.

I have made at least 5 IA contacts last 2 years on 20m PSK alone… not one has confirmed in ANY of the aforementioned QSL places. Ironically, the JT users from IA have sent confirmations. I have been waiting for IA to confirm on 20m for now three years… the ONLY state I need to get 20m PSK WAS (both with eQSL and LotW… and the only band I do not have WAS on.