Re: Triple Play Low Band Sprint DOUBLEHEADER 12-18&19 -2016

ljl2002@att.net

Matt,

I'm with Jerry on this one.  I don't see why we have non-medically educated people making medical decisions that the patient and doctor should be working out.  If this is the case then why do we even need doctors to put in the years necessary to gain the knowledge of the human anatomy? 

Just go to the insurance witch doctors and they will ease your pain with the word no.  That should make us all feel a bit better.

End of my rant.

I'm going to go work the radio and pray that my back stays in one piece.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:01 AM, "'John Etling' john@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Sounds like another fully satisfied customer of the so-called Affordable Care Act ((aka Obama Care!) oh Lord how I hate even having to type that jerkoff’s name!!)

Matt; Totally get the back pain issue. Although I obviously am nowhere near your level of pain, I do have compression fractures of T-12, L1, L2 that I have been dealing with for near 30 years now due to a fall I had of 30 feet, yes 30 feet. Insurance companies are a scam and in no way out to help their payees… all they are is a pure profit mill.

Anything to deny a claim… and I do mean anything!! Even if they have to make stuff up. I wish you luck in your appeals process, which will most likely last 6 months or more before they categorically deny it again. Pay them $12K plus a year in medical insurance, they maybe pay 70% of the ACTUAL cost, leaves you to pay an additional cost over and above the insurance premium… I just cannot figure out how that is legal.

My opinion from a fellow back-pain sufferer!

…I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE
John A. Etling
ARES EC - Carroll County, TN
PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

Sent: January 05, 2017 09:41
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] Triple Play Low Band Sprint DOUBLEHEADER 12-18&19 -2016

Bill/Randy - thanks for the offer to take some ADIF files. Looks like David has us squared away (THANK YOU, DAVID!!). I'll certainly keep y'all in mind for other stuff! :-D

Thanks for commiseration on the back pain, guys. It's something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. So far, I've had a C4-5, 5-6, 6-7 fusion in my neck, and an L5-S1 fusion in my back. I'm trying to avoid anything else. Back in April, the nerve blocks worked great on the upper-lumbar pain I've been having lately.  Now the insurance company has decided it's experimental for me since I've had the L5-S1 fusion!  They say the "body of evidence" shows that radio frequency nerve ablation doesn't work well on post fusion pain. Well, gee, it doesn't hurt there anymore because, well, they fused it!  It's the areas up above there that hurt,up around my kidneys, and that's why I need the blocks, but they didn't even address that area in their denial letter. 

Suffice it to say, I am *not* a happy camper, right now. Gotta get on the phone with them this afternoon to get the appeal process started as a matter of fact....

Anyhow, I really didn't mean to get on here and whine, it just sorta happened. I'll leave it, I reckon.

Off to do various things 070 right now!

Matthew King
AK4MK 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Thu, Jan 5, 2017 at 8:20 AM, 'ljl2002@...' joe_molon@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Matt,

I feel your pain buddy.  I've been there and I'm sure it isn't any fun for you .  You just can't seem to get comfortable no matter what you do.  What your task will be is to make the insurance company feel your pain.  Been there as well.

Good luck and hope that you get some relief soon.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 9:24 PM, "randy true w4rttrandy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Hey Matt,

I'll take a handful. I didn't work any stations, so nepotism isn't a problem, Hi Hi
Sound like you and I are in the same bad back boat. I just had the Denervation procedure done on my L5-Sacrium joints.
Randy
W4RTT

From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of Matthew King - KK4CPS mrk.twg@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 5:09 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] Triple Play Low Band Sprint DOUBLEHEADER 12-18&19 -2016

No, you didn't miss it.  There's some technical issues happening, plus David just had twins that are keeping him extremely busy, plus he's in a busy time of year with his job.

We'll need to just submit them to somebody for manual scoring this time, I'm afraid, if we're going to get them scored.

I'm afraid that my plate is quite full now, too, with my excruciating back issues (hopefully some nerve blocks will help - just gotta get the insurance company to OK them instead of saying NO! ~GRRRRR~)  and many other 070 tasks that I must catch up with.

Any volunteers to take the handful of ADIF files and go through them, generating a list of place winners per category and an overall list of participants?  

Thanks for y'all's patience on this one!

Matthew King
AK4MK 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 3:48 PM, ROBERT LAST_NAME KF3AA@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

HI
 Did I miss it or has the scorer for the 2016 Triple Play Low Band Sprint DOUBLEHEADER not been posted?
73 Bob KF3AA  #124

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.