Re: What do you want to achieve in 2017?

Bill Garwood

Hi Folks and Happy New Year!

Here are some of my comments for 2017.  First my PSK goals: I plan to continue to participate in all of the 070 Club Contests .  I should continue to get more LONP numbers from the contacts in the contests.  I especially enjoy contacts with new members and/or folks looking for QSOs on certain bands.  Email me if you need a QSO for whatever band (160, 30,17,12 etc).

I am still hunting for new US grid squares.  I need 1 grid in four states to complete those states and need 2 grids in four more states to complete them.  I hope to get some of them finished this year.

The new for 2017 Awards.  Based on past experience and current propagation, the Belgium award should be within easy reach.  I do not have many Chile stations in the log and doubt I can find 20 different ones this year but I’ll try.  Australia will be a miracle unless some of the higher bands open up.

(I also plan to work on more awards from that other PSK Club.)

Additional comments: I plan to achieve the ARRL WAS Triple Play.  I have WAS on PSK31 and CW, need to get 50 states confirmed with Phone.

The 365+ Award this past year has kind of beat me up trying for QSOs with the current propagation.  I am frustrated with all of the canned macros that keep getting sent out.  Software version and release?

I thought I might get the Croatia award in 2016.  Had 13 worked by the end of June.  Ended up with 14.  I still saw 9A stations, just they were the same ones over and over.   I had the same thing happen with the Japan award in 2015.

I plan to try some new (to me) digital modes.

Kudos:  We have a great bunch of people in this club.  I especially thank folks behind the scenes who help with new members, mailing out stickers etc.  Matt and David continue to amaze me with all they do.

Happy Radio 2017!

Bill N4GBK  FM16 in NE NC