Re: Computer Recommendations Needed

Paul Butzi <kg7stv@...>

I use a raspberry Pi model 2 for this, I run fldigi.  Fldigi autopuploads to eQSL.  I run TQSL to upload to LoTW but I understand there’s a version for the Raspberry Pi as well.

Inexpensive, small, low power consumption, and it’s been working just fine for about 18 months now.

You don’t need a lot of compute power.  If you’re going to do web browsing it would probably be worth it to use a Raspberry Pi model 3 with a bit more oomph.

-p KG7STV
73, don’t forget to smile and have fun

On Nov 22, 2016, at 10:53 AM, Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I need some recommendations for a new PC to use in my shack.  I currently have 5+ year old Windows Vista machine and a 10+ year old Windows XP machine, both are worn out and the software is out of date.  It is time to get something new.

I will be using the new PC for ham radio internet (LoTW, eQSL, ClubLog etc.) and for logging and PSK operation.  It will not be for gaming, videos or similar.  I'd prefer a desktop but a laptop would work as long as I can hook up the monitor, keyboard and mouse.  I already have a nice LED monitor.

Pass along any suggestions you have for make and model that are currently on the market.  I can buy either on-line or at a computer store, Best Buy, Office Max, even WalMart etc.  Price is not a big deal as I'm willing to spend a bit more for quality and reliability.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Bill N4GBK #1688 FM16 NC