Re: QRP Endorsement?

ljl2002@att.net

Well heck Steve you travel to Denver enough how bout hookin us up to NIST the next time you are there.
Then we can be sure.  heh heh.
I saw you on your most recent trip and tried to get through but the QRN was awful here.  Maybe next time.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482 (side line smart-aleck)

On Friday, September 2, 2016 6:23 PM, "David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

The endorsement checker looks for a <TX_PWR> value of 5 or less, and if it finds a PSK QSO like that, will show the QRP Endorsement as worked, and you can submit for it on the endorsement checker report.

73!
--david
KJ4IZW

On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 6:10 PM, Stephen Melachrinos w3hf@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Aaron -

The smart-aleck response is that the club needs certified test results traceable to NIST to ensure that you really were operating at no more than 5 watts output. But I wouldn't really say that unless you knew my sense of humor well enough.

The truth is that the club only requires you to send a description of your QRP setup, equivalent to the brag file you might send during a QSO. Kind of implicit in this is that you actually have made a QSO using this setup, though you don't need to send the details of any QSO. Note that QRP here does not necessarily mean a QRP radio (e.g., FT817, IC703, or SWL PSK series). You could be using a QRO radio as long as you adjust the transmit power down to no  more than 5 watts.

On 09/02/16, k5atg@... [070]<070@...> wrote:

Just wondering, how do we get the QRP Endorsement?
Thank you
Aaron K5ATG