Re: Welcome

John Etling

Rich;

Welcome to the group. Glad to see you jumping right in. The range of experience is extremely wide, from newbies to those who know more than the average bear.

I look forward to finding you on PSK and working you!

…I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...

ARES EC - Carroll County, TN

PODXS-070 #1820   LONP: #321

Sent: August 12, 2016 14:27
To: 070@...
Subject: [070] Re: Welcome

Thanks everybody!  

Good morning everyone - Rich here WC3T. Licensed about this time last year wondering why I waited so long to do it. Member of the Delaware-Lehigh ARC, 100 Watts and a Wire club (#267) and an ARRL accredited VE.

I'm mostly on HF for now, with over 1000 QSOs and 69 countries (Guatemala got away from me last night, darn it.) I have operated SSB and digital modes PSK31 and JT9/JT65. Learning CW, but it's slow for this old brain. Need to put more time into it. 

My rig is an ICom IC706MkIIG into a 7 band OCF dipole at about 30'. ("100 watts and a wire.") A club member has a business selling the antennas and they are phenomenal. I also have a Ten-Tec Scout 555 and Argo 556 QRP rig (deciding which one to keep now) and a Buddistick for camping and portable use.  SignaLink USB handles the sound decoding chores for me for now.

I am also getting interested in Broadband-Hamnet (rebadged from HSMM-Mesh) because my QTH affords me phenomenal coverage of a mesh node across the whole Lehigh Valley in PA.

I also have Kenwood tri-banders in the car and portable to handle point-to-point with the various repeaters.

73 all, hope to work you on the bands (40, 20, 17) either SSB or see you on the digital waterfalls (including, of course, PSK31)!

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.