From: 070@... <070@...> on behalf of JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...>
Sent: Tuesday, August 2, 2016 5:48:39 PM
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] APE Preparations

Stan ....I am lucky and live on 10 acres and have homebrew full lenght dipoles for all the bands 160 up to 6m plus a couple of beams ..... I just select the antenna I want so no problem to jump around the bands ...... I will post on the reflector when I am cq,n on 80 and 160 .... plus some members maybe working on their TOP Band endorsement ... ur right I gotta fill that frame ! .....73

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:32 AM, "stan robinson robinstan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Thanks, Jeff.

You of all people need to widen your band selections so that you can earn your 4th Annual APE Hunter Certificate!!

I appreciate your offer to check things out. We appreciate it!

73,
Stan
W9SMR/9

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 17:22:34 +0000

Stan ..... I have not been on 80 or 160 lately but will give em a try over the next few days and report back via the reflector ....73

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:11 AM, "stan robinson robinstan@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Preparations are well underway for the 4th Annual KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE  to be held Sunday August 14 to Wednesday August 17.

Bob, KC9UR,  is doing his usual magic cooking up new antenna configurations. With propagation worsening on the higher bands, we desire to give everyone good options on the low bands to ensure that we have lots of 3-Band "APE Hunter" certificates earned. Has anyone been having success on 160m lately? The effort to get a temporary antenna setup for 160m is daunting, and we do not want to undertake that unless it will pay off.

Looking forward to any comments/suggestions. My direct email address is below if you desire.

73,
Stan

robinstan@...

W9SMR/9