Re: WAS PSK31 endorsement sticker

John Etling

To bounce off Jerry’s comment, and frankly to disagree somewhat with it… Yes they do print a lot of stickers. Yes they print off a lot of certificates. But, there is absolutely NO excuse to pay $12.00 for a tiny sticker and $15 for a certificate that all look alike. Sorry, If I applied for all the certificates and stickers I would have to pay near $200 for them all. SERIOUSLY? And all I get for it is a standard, BLAH certificate and/or sticker?

I’m a Life member and they cannot offer a free one each year (similar to what QRZ does)? I can promise you, it absolutely does not cost ARRL $12 to print a page of stickers… figuring they print 30 per page. Charge $12/sticker x 30 stickers (estimate) equals $360 initial income – Printing of $2.00 and mailing cost of, let us round to $0.50/each, (total per page of 30 = $15) equates to $343 in pure profit for EACH page. Does THAT bring it into perspective a bit more?

…I’m Just Sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John A. Etling

k3jae@...