Re: Need adif file help

Larry

I uploaded after the contest, and only had 2 errors. Both times I had gone off the reservation
to work a Montana station for Flathead county, and an NPOTA station. Neither station gave me/had a
PODXS number.

I copied the info from PODXS members off the screen and put it in the comments section of   my ACLog
regardless of the number of digits used digits. In other words, I did not use zero's to numbers to make
them 4-digit. (This was the comment section)

Also, I copied thr name to the name block in ACLog.

This worked ffro me great.

Larry WA7HDZ 404

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 12:14 PM, "Jim Innis jinnis@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Dan, in my log I put the number in the <COMMENT:4> field and the scorer took it just fine...the number will change depending on the number entered as the 070#

Jim, K5SP

On 5/31/2016 1:54 PM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] wrote:

I renamed the 070# data field to SRX and I got the same results.  So, evidently, David has it set up to not only take the SRX field but also the 070# field.

Dan Morris  KZ3T

On May 31, 2016, at 9:08 AM, N9JCA Chris Matthews n9jca.chris@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

YES

Chris N9JCA #797
" I am always doing that which I CANNOT do;
in order that I may LEARN how to do it "
On 05/31/2016 07:42 AM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] wrote:

So, shud I rename the 070# field to SRX and resubmit my log?

Dan Morris

On May 31, 2016, at 8:15 AM, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

extra fields aren't a problem -- scorer ignores most of them.   As long as the number is in one of the fields the scorer looks for (e.g. SRX), should be all good.

73!
--david
KJ4IZW

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 7:45 AM, Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

David — If Other or 070# are illegal should we delete those from the file and/or rename them or does the scorer accept a filed that has ‘070#’ in the file.  It is easy enough to find/replace a field name in a file.  Thanks

Dan Morris

On May 30, 2016, at 10:43 PM, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Loren has the best solution in renaming one of the fields to "SRX" .. that's the ADIF-proper field for the 070# exchange, and first place the scorer looks.

Some other notes from this thread:

The numbers should not need zero-padding at all ...

If you're accidentally getting address info, then the address was entered in the wrong place -- it belongs in a address field, not notes, comments, etc.

Technically, ADIF Field names such as  "Other", "Other3", "Other4", "070", "070#"  are illegal according to the ADIF spec, and loggers are not supposed create adif files with them.

73!
--david
kj4izw

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 8:00 PM, wa3wzr@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

You have to rename one of the Other fields in ACLog to SRX and use thst for whatever exchange info is being sent in club contests.

Loren WA3WZR #875