You pay for the support in the paid versions why not use it!!!
Have a blessed Easter hope to see you on the waterfall.
John KE4JB

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I guess RF wouldn't affect anything on RX...

From: "boat.anchor@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2016 7:16 PM
Subject: Re: [070] HRD and freezing

Tom
You are right on. This is when it happens. I will see a freeze 1 in 10 times that I click on Rx text.
Stray RF is not at play in Rx mode. Rig to computer is 6ft firewire with snapons at both ends. Everything single point grounded. I have had this since the 5.0 days and it continued so far into V6 that I backed out to 5.0 May have to try 4.0 and see what happens.
Barry

---In 070@..., wrote :

I've been a user of HRD 5.0 Rel 2893 for quite a while and very occasionally experience a freeze.  By very occasionally I mean maybe a couple times a month.

The freeze almost always happens when I click on the received text to capture a callsign into the QSO box.  The freeze generally lasts for 5-10 seconds and then resolves, often with the restoration of text received while the waterfall was "frozen".  Only the DM780 screen is affected.  A couple of times over the last several months he freeze did not resolve and I just terminated the module and restarted without a problem, other than losing some received text.

So it would be classified by me as just a minor annoyance.

I've used FLdigi and DXLabs software and like them okay as well, but prefer HRD for now.  And there are still lots of Digipan folks out there, which I really enjoyed using the first couple of years on PSK.  I have to re-learn it each Field Day since that is what our PSK FD captain uses, HI.

Tom
K8TOM