Re: HRD and freezing

Len Hecker

...putting the RF issue aside for a moment.  Keep an eye on the CPU usage on the DM780 screen. If it gets too high the RX AND TX can get jerky.  I see it sometimes on the waterfall from some stations that are transmitting intermittent signals and I also see it on my own computer if the CPU usage gets too high.  Both on TX and RX.  Particularly if my old Windows XP machine has been on for a couple of days while DM780 was running.  Re-boot takes care of that.  It might pay to do a defrag too.  len k3lrh.