Re: Miles per Watt

boat.anchor@...

Paul
I spent 3yrs in outback Australia and never did get used to seeing outboard engines rated in Watts.
Barry
VA7GEM

---In 070@..., <kg7stv@...> wrote :

Please, let me advocate *not* mixing measurement systems.

Either stick to SI units (km/w) or if you want American Customary units, by all means go with mile/horsepower.  Or perhaps furlong/horsepower?

Personally I’d go with km/w since both of those are what’s in the ADIF spec, but I confess that furlong/horsepower has a certain quaint eccentricity I admire.

-p KG7STV
73, don’t forget to smile and have fun

On Feb 27, 2016, at 12:46 PM, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

And maybe it should be KPW, not MPW,  to use the "real" unit system :)
[side note: ADIF's <DISTANCE> field is kilometers by definition]