Re: Remote Operation

John Etling

Just my 4 cents worth of interpretation…

Is not the primary Control Point that point (location) located where an operator controls the transmitter (per ARRL/FCC wordage)? – In other words if the Control OP is in Hawaii and the transmitter is in Australia, then the control op position would also be the control point – i.e. in Hawaii? Therefore the logging location would be the Control Point location. Of course, as previously noted, other countries will have their own governing rules so our interpretation may not be fully applicable here.

Although I can certainly see where the transmitter location would be most important since I might not be able to hear Hawaii but could hear Australia…

Unless I seriously misunderstand this rule (never really looked into it seriously as I have not worked a remote before, thus no need to study and fully interpreted) feel free to expound where my misunderstanding lies.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...