Re: Remote Control Fun

K8TOM

How do you type fast enough with the tablet for a meaningful exchange of info?  Or do you just macro?  I find that entering data via a touchpad to be too slow for a reasonable QSO response time as compared to keyboarding.

Tom
K8TOM

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 8:51 PM, David Rock david@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Well, my first day of remote operation was a success. Looks like I have a good chance of keeping the streak alive this weekend. :-)

--
David, K9DWR

On Dec 1, 2015, at 18:52, 'Hamette' hamette@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I need to fill a couple of 24x7 slots during my work hours, so I started
fiddling with remote control. Put Teamviewer on my Samsung tablet and the
host on my Shack PC, and messed around with the best DM780 layout for remote
operations. I successfully completed a QSO from my tablet sitting in the
living room recliner, so I am going to try it from work tomorrow on my break
to see if I can fill that hour. Too bad I didn't get it set up on Monday - I
need Tuesday and Wednesday at 10:00 pacific. Oh well, I'll get Tuesday next
week I guess. :-)

Yes, 24x7 does really bring out the crazy in people - LOL! (Or should I say
the politically correct thing - it INSPIRES people - hi hi)

Paula, K7PAX #1739