From: "Morris Wideman wa4mit@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2016 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Rotor

Jerry I needed tower work few years back and like you no longer should be climbing and no help either to change out rotor and put up new/different beam ant. I found a tree removal  guy with a bucket truck he has helped me out few times now. Just depends on how high your tower is if they can reach it. Good luck 73 Morris wa4mit

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 2:45 PM, "Paul Milward nu4c@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Jerry
That should be
"there's a problem for every solution"
GL with your new rotor.
Paul NU4C

"Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

A couple months ago my rotor suffered the loss of the direction indicator potentiometer; this is one of the weakest links in most CDR rotors.  It happened just after my shelf collapsed on cabinet where radio gear is housed. Had hooked up the wires in wrong order - not paying attention.

Well, I have a new rotor ready to go up, but I don't climb any longer.  Out of frustration in not knowing where antenna was pointed , I "Jerry-rigged"  a small B&W CCTV camera on tower where I didn't have to climb.  Now I can see on monitor which way antenna is pointed within the 30 degree beam pattern and also watch it bounce around in the wind !
But rain , snow and darkness cause other problems, hi !

There's always a solution to a problem...   :-)

Jerry  N9AVY