From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 10:41 AM
To: 070@...
Subject: RE: [070] Air as an insulator ...

As Milt said – with lightning, all bets are off …

From: http://www.aharfield.co.uk/lightning-protection-services/about-lightning

There is estimated to be around 2,000 lightning storm active around the global at one time creating over 100 strikes per second. These thunderstorms generate a potential difference of 200,000 to 500,000 volts between the Earth’s surface and the ionosphere, with a fair weather current of about 2×10-12 amperes/meter2.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, President - NCDXC