From: 070@... [mailto:070@...]
Sent: Friday, January 8, 2016 9:54 AM
To: yahoogroups <070@...>
Subject: [070] Air as an insulator ...

I seriously doubt this theory.  Where I once lived just outside Chicago,  Had an 4BTV with radials mounted on roof of house.  Spring storms came around and I ran to basement to disconnect antenna while lightning was all around.  After antenna was disconnected and coax was hanging 6 feet above basement floor, I watched a big, blue arc go from coax to basement floor.

Doubt that air is a good insulator.

Jerry  N9AVY