Re: Air as an insulator ...

Kevin Lemon

On a more serious note, I recall buying a 1921-02 arrestor for one of my B727s or DC9s back in the day. Pretty healthy looking device. Planes get hit often, wonder if I can find one.

On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 11:54 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070]
<070@...> wrote:

I seriously doubt this theory.  Where I once lived just outside Chicago,  Had an 4BTV with radials mounted on roof of house.  Spring storms came around and I ran to basement to disconnect antenna while lightning was all around.  After antenna was disconnected and coax was hanging 6 feet above basement floor, I watched a big, blue arc go from coax to basement floor.

Doubt that air is a good insulator.

Jerry  N9AVY