Windows 10 - My Opinion

Fellow 070'rs,

I have several computers of various ages, whether they be towers or laptops, with varied operating systems.

They range from a very old decrepied  Compaq that has DOS as it operating system to my Dell "Man Cave Main Frame".

The Compaq is used to program my Motorola HT's, and I have a few with XP Pro for field day, logging, EZNec antenna design, etc.

My point? Through the courtesy and help of my IT Department, defined as 1 each, Mike, K6MKF, 070-412, just up the road from me a few hundred clicks, I've very painlessly upgraded to Windows 10, from Win 8.1. The upgrade was simple, and was done because I get tired of the pop-ups asking me to do it and felt it was the correct thing to do. All com ports stayed the same, all CAT functions in my RigExpert stayed the same. It all worked as advertised.

As a stock holder of Microsoft since 1995, I'm proud to say that Microsoft finally got something right!

In no way can I advise anyone to do the upgrade, as computers vary greatly from ham shack to ham shack, but it worked flawlessly for me.

As John says,

"Just sayin'",

Milt.

N6MG 070-650