Re: Getting active again
Dan Morris - KZ3T
Good idea Ted. I think I’ll find a spot for something like that in my macros.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
for those asking or wondering about macros here is what I do and how I have mine set up:
In my program there are 10 banks of macros with 10 macros in each bank. For 15/20/40/80M i have the following 10 macros:
2. Ans CQ
3. Start QSO This is where I can start a macro with xxx de mycall (and then say what I want if ragchewing) I do this while the other person is talking, this way I can answer any questions as he asks. when he’s done I hit F4 to Xmt continue on to finish and then I click on Shift-F4 to finish and when this macro finishes, it turns over to him.
4. Full Info: RST, my name, my qt., my grid, my epc#, my 070# BTU
5. Equip - Send this if they send me one - Stn info, my age and 1st licensed info BTU
6. Info No #’s — Same as #4 just without the digital numbers
7. DX Quick QSO - RST, my name, TU 734 de kz3t sk
8. QRZ - Self explanatory
9. Short Signoff - Tnx for mode/speed , Qsl via equals/lotw, 73 God Bless sk
10. Sign Off - Tnx mode/speed, enjoyed the contact. All the best … have a good day, etc and then sk
I have a set of macros for 10 meters alone since in my INFO macro I also give my 10-10# and for 30 meters where I give my 30MDG # — Oh, one bank is Translations - that is where when I sign off I sometimes will use that bank if talking to a French or Spanish or Russian etc. I got that idea from someone here on the list. . .
My other macros I use for contests for 10-10, 070, etc.
Sorry it got a little lengthy but figured I would share. Now, I’m always tuned in to something anyone has that might be a little better or any changes. Seems like the first 2 or 3 years I was constantly changing my macros as I watched others on the waterfall and then tweaking mine as I go. Everyone has something similar but yet quite different in how they communicate.
Maybe I’m naive or something since running digital. I feel like I’m still used to being on SSB for so long that when on digital it is the basic info and then tnx for QSO. I feel like I’m cutting that person short and they might think I’m a butthead for not wanting to talk like we do on SSB. It’s so easy to get carried away on SSB when talking and I feel like I need to say more on digital.
Dan Morris KZ3T 070-1065