Re: Band of the Day

John Bower <poppajohnbower@...>

Looks interesting David.
John KE4JB

On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 9:44 PM, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Remembered this from a few years ago from another group...
Might be a good way to coordinate some activity on the warc (and other) bands.

Full post (not mine, credit goes to N0RQ) below, but summary of the idea is to focus on a specific band for specific days off the month, on this (arbitrary) schedule:

1st (also 2nd): 1 MHz - 160m
3rd (also 4th-6th): 3 MHz - 80m
7th (also 8th-9th): 7 MHz - 40m
10th (also 11th-13th): 10 MHz - 30m
14th (also 15th-17th): 14 MHz - 20m (not that it needs encouragement)
18th (also 19th-20th): 18 MHz - 17m
21st (also 22nd-23rd): 21 MHz - 15m
24th (also 25th-27th): 24 MHz - 12m
28th (also 29th-31st): 28 MHz - 10m

Anyone interested, just post when giving it a try.

Hmm.. Maybe A band-of-the-day endorsement is a possibility... Do 1 qso in each of those 10 slots (specific day range; Doesnt have to be in a single month). Easy to add to check, at least :)  ...  We'll see if any interest in the general idea first.

--david
Kj4izw

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Dave N0RQ" <n0rq@...>
Date: Dec 27, 2011 9:17 AM
Subject: [jt65-hf] Band of the Day - initial plan for January/February
To: "JT65-HF" <jt65-hf@...>

Thank you to several of you for your comments and suggestions.

Based on those, I'm going to suggest a
"BAND OF THE DAY" plan.  It is not intended to
discourage operations on any band, or to "make" anyone
do anything, but only to encourage operations on
certain bands on certain days, especially those that
tend to be used less often.

It is based on UTC (GMT), and of course when that band
is open for you at your QTH.

The frequency (in MHz) determines the days of the month.

So on January 1, try the 1 MHz (160m) band.  Though the
1st in particular is "the day", operations on this band
are encouraged until the next "band of the day" arrives.
In this case, the 3 MHz (80m) band begins on January 3.
7 MHz begins on January 7 -- the main day being Jan 7
itself, but continuing until January 10, which is the
10 MHz (30m) day.

I thought we'd try this for 2 months (Jan-Feb), and see
if we want to continue, or perhaps make adjustments.

So, in short, consider getting on these bands on these
days of the month (UTC), at times when that band may be open:

1st (also 2nd): 1 MHz - 160m
3rd (also 4th-6th): 3 MHz - 80m
7th (also 8th-9th): 7 MHz - 40m
10th (also 11th-13th): 10 MHz - 30m
14th (also 15th-17th): 14 MHz - 20m (not that it needs encouragement)
18th (also 19th-20th): 18 MHz - 17m
21st (also 22nd-23rd): 21 MHz - 15m
24th (also 25th-27th): 24 MHz - 12m
28th (also 29th-31st): 28 MHz - 10m

I'll send out a few reminders during the month...

Hope to see a few of you on January 1 (UTC) on 160m (New Year's Eve
for those of us in the US) or the day after.

73 & Happy New Year,
Dave N0RQ  www.powerlinenoise.com/n0rq/