From: "Ted pegduck56@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:36 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Any antenna gurus here?

Hi Martin, I have up now, 2 identical Alpha Delta DX-EE as inverted V's. (1 roughly E-W and the other roughly N-S) I can get a match of about 1.5 max on bands 10-80 (incl WARC bands) (80 is admittedly not great, but installed  30 meter end fed wire that handles 80-160m). All these wires are low profile and wife and neighbors are happy. I believe that unless you have an extensive radial field (which takes a lot of room, too) a vertical is just radiating poorly in all directions. The verticals that claim you don't need radials are at best, misleading, if not lying. The problem with the GR5V is that it is a design for 20m. All other bands are simply a compromise with that antenna.
good luck with the project !!

3, Ted
K7TRK

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:27 AM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Try vertical and see how it plays.  If it doesn't get over the mountain then back to drawing board.. .  or run 2000 ft of coax up the mountain !

Jerry n9avy