good luck with the project !!

3, Ted
K7TRK

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 11:27 AM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Try vertical and see how it plays.  If it doesn't get over the mountain then back to drawing board.. .  or run 2000 ft of coax up the mountain !

Jerry n9avy

From: "Martin Tuip ajax@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2015 1:11 PM
Subject: [070] Any antenna gurus here?

I hope I maybe can pick some brains in this group. At the moment I have a G5RV up in the trees on my property with the ends in about a 30 degree angle from each other due to the fact one end strung from the top of a tree on the bottom of a hill and the other from a tree on the top. Height is probably 60ft. I am really close to a mountain less than a mile away with nearly a vertical 2000ft risen (see my qrz page) and the back of my property has a steep hillside. The YL does not want towers so I am limited there.

I am thinking to get a vertical antenna for a different radiation pattern but I think the low take off angle might not clear the hill and mountain. What are my options here?

Build dedicated vertical arrays on the  hillside?
Regular vertical ground mounted?
String vertical dipole from a tree?
Use a yagi on an angle to clear the mountain?
Anything else?

Martin
KG7HAX