Re: 24/7 attempt again

W7RIV

I have been through this with my local club.

Here is what I would suggest and I think it would make things easier.
1. 1 email list
2. a few keywords that are pre selected for the subject line. i.e. SPOT, ENDORSEMENT, CONTEST. (Something that can be used for filtering)
3. Improvement with attitudes. No one wants to berated for using this list. If they do, they don't post and then we have something that is useless. If you don't like it, delete it. Having the keywords make this easier as well.

My opinion is that the list activity this last week has put a fire under me and I have worked far more PSK contacts and worked on endorsements all week. That is the motivation I like. Sorta a friendly competition. Looking for 070 members and LONP Royalty!

Bryon
W7RIV
<070#1481>

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 9:24 AM, David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

My only suggestion is maybe we should use the contest reflector to chase awards and contests.

personally, i think it should just be one reflector anyways ... but i think the contest reflector is pretty well grandfathered in, and there's enough support for it (which is fine).
But to add awards, etc then it's more of a spotting list than contest list; but it's all promoting PSK activity so why not just the one main list? And separate list for separate aspects doesn't scale ...   And if you add non-contest stuff to the contest list, then that will just shift where the complaints come from :(
If any restructuring, i'd say a 070-announce that only staff can post to, and then the open list as it is now ...   But not a very pressing "todo" item.

I think encouraging use of mail filters and threaded email clients would help, too.   If anyone is getting "spammed" with 40 separate line items for a given subject in the inbox instead of 1 group of 40 messages, then i strongly suggest looking at different method of reading them.

Keep it up. I find the chatter entertaining and like to know which of my friends are crazy enough to chase these off the wall and out of bed awards.

exactly!! i like seeing who those crazy 24x7 chasers are too!! :)

--david
KJ4IZW

On Sat, Aug 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM, boat.anchor@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

John

Without having to say anything or apologize to anyone.
YOU DONE NUTHIN WRONG.

My friend if you want to converse here in the pursuit of something 070 related you just go ahead.
My only suggestion is maybe we should use the contest reflector to chase awards and contests.
This is up to the executive to channel our energies.
Otherwise all is fair game and the detractors can whine but it is up to those few to find a way that
meets their need, not for the masses to modify their behaviour.
Keep it up. I find the chatter entertaining and like to know which of my friends are crazy
enough to chase these off the wall and out of bed awards.
Barry
VA7GEM/QRP
( my FLEX5000a suffered an ESD event and has been in the TX hospital for two months
so getting a chance to try out the FLEX1500)

---In 070@..., wrote :

I was going to leave this alone but due to the issue that “caused” this latest disagreement seems to be my “fault” allow me to voice a few personal observation.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...