Re: moving up the list

John Etling

You are correct, I am in Western TN, but barely by state charter…

I am literally ½ between Nashville and Memphis by driving distance but favor just a bit towards Nashville via air miles…  just west of the Tennessee River.

Arkansas… I think NO ONE lives there that has Amateur radio… I have not seen an AR station in months, then when I finally do actually work one, even though they say the confirm eQSL/LoTW et al, none ever come through…

I am having difficult time getting into KS most days but occasionally I get a few out of there. It is not a total loss there.

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

k3jae@...

070 #1820   LONP #321

PODXS 070 – Nobody Special – Just a Member

Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 04:35
To: 070@...
Subject: Re: [070] moving up the list

My suspicion is that you are in western TN and far enough west to be in my donut hole or on the edge of it.  the map of pskreporter shows the stations that hear me strongly start at about 400 miles radially from my vertical and extend out to British Columbia when my wattage is less than 30Watts to operate inside this hole I have to go to 80M which has been a real victum of the noise gremlins,  When 80M opens later this year we should be able to connect if that is the culprit.  I have almost no Arkansas contacts below 80M. but MS AL GA,FL are fine.  Just saying 

kd0fip 1396 73 

To: 070@...
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2015 3:45 AM
Subject: RE: [070] moving up the list

KD0FIP;

Somehow we have GOT to get connected. I am hearing stations beyond you, in front of you, but for some reason Kansas seems to be a complete dead spot to me.

I may have heard you thus why I was having a problem decoding Byron for a bit, once the band settled I was finally able to grab him.

Next hour will be tough and I will CQ in the exact same spot I was with Byron if you are there to try. I really want to get you in the log, for your persistence in trying as helping you out (hopefully) for something you are working towards.

Hopefully in 15 minutes, we can get this connected!!

… I’m just sayin’

73 de K3JAE

John Etling

070 #1820   LONP #321

PODXS 070 – Nobody Special – Just a Member

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6125 / Virus Database: 4409/10501 - Release Date: 08/24/15

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.6125 / Virus Database: 4409/10505 - Release Date: 08/25/15

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.