KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE Sighting Confirmed

v32hoosier@...

Sources have confirmed that the KC9UR Pontoon Portable APE has been sighted and is expected to be on the air this afternoon through Wednesday afternoon (8/24 - 8/26).  The APE will be operating from Stan's (W9SMR/9) pontoon boat afloat on Round Lake in northeast Indiana using the KC9UR callsign.  We plan to operate on 8 bands (40m thru 6m), depending on propagation, with two rigs simultaneously on different bands.

As in past years we are offering a nice QSL card, and for those APE hunters with lots of bananas and persistance, a custom certificate if you work us on three bands (see the KC9UR QRZ page for details).  Last year there were 11 certificate winners (i.e. K4LEA, K8TOM, KE4JB, KK4CPS, KU8Q, N5SLY, N7WE, W2DEN, W3GXV, W3WMU and WA4MIT)!  Special kudos went to 3 certificate winners who worked us on 4 bands (K8TOM, N7WE and W2DEN)! We're looking forward to seeing everyone again on the waterfall - Happy Hunting!

73,

Bob, KC9UR