I'm interested in the people, the activity and I want to do more things with you. I want to be more active. I want to learn and improve my skill. I like to have fun. I do not want to make it work. I do not want to make this club work either. Because I hate the idea of people not being able to be on the radio because they are attending to admin duties, or programming code for an awesome endorsement checker. Maybe whoever has the most LONP contacts we add more responsibility to them so it slows them down and lets us lower ones get ahead. =)

Thanks,
Bryon W7RIV

On Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 12:25 PM, JEFF WALSH jeffwalsh1644@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

We must remember that any expansion must be tempered with the additional workload that we might be putting on the "Volunteer" management staff. I am OK with expansion but without burning out the staff or abusing them. Just my thoughts.

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Wednesday, August 19, 2015 12:52 PM, "Dan Morris dbmorris315@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

I agree with Jerry and Loren — However, the possibility of using PSK63 and 125 would be a nice addition.  So, any awards would be PSK31, 63, 125, any of those modes.

I am one of those managers for 10-10 and I can vouch for what Jerry has said.  I guess I’m one of the exceptions as I have been a bar manager since 1998!!   However, with that said, I have seen way too many managers start up in 10-10 and then not last very long for whatever reason.  I could see the same thing happening with the 070 club.   Just my .02 cents worth as well.

Dan Morris   KZ3T   070-1065

On Aug 19, 2015, at 11:58 AM, Jerry n9avy@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

After seeing a few comments on this subject I think this would be an added burden on those who run 070.  The crew does an amazing job now, but add the JTx modes and these folks will have to give up family life, spare time and just plain not have a life; I'm sure that most of them are working for a living and would like to hold on to their jobs.  All this "let's do this or that"  sounds great, but doing the actual work in implementing it.

070 is doing a great job and I think it should keep on doing one thing well.  Branching out in too many directions can/will cause problems down the line eventually. My experience with 10-10 over the past 29 years has been people take on a job as a certificate manager and after a few years are overwhelmed, burnt out and give up or just disappear.  Making a commitment to start something and to keep it rolling requires time and energy.  Many pay lip service to a project and as they get involved more & more, they decide that it wasn't what they thought it would be.

Personally, I think there should be a separate group for the JT modes and not under the PODXS 070 flag.

Just my 2 cents worth ..

Jerry  N9AVY

P.S.   Flames to anybody but me !

No virus found in this message.