Interesting Callsign Archive Tool at HamCall.net

Mike Flowers

Hi Gang,

I found an interesting research tool for old callsigns recently while trying to find some information for a friend.

HamCall.net has online callsign archives for the years 1921, 1954, 1960, 1969, 1983 and 1995 to present.

You can easily construct a URL to look up a callsign in a particular year as shown below.  In the example below, I am looking for the address of my Elmer, Dan Sullivan, WB2PED, in the 1969 archive:

http://hamcall.net/call/WB2PED:1969

If I wanted to check in the 1983 archive, the URL would look like this:

http://hamcall.net/call/WB2PED:1983

I even found who held my callsign in 1960:

http://hamcall.net/call/K6MKF:1960

This is a good resource if you know the callsign and the year.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, President - NCDXC